Armenia / Yerevan
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically skilled, and passionate-about-writing individual to join our Documentation team. The ideal candidate has a basic development background, can produce technical content in English, is eager to learn, and works well in a team.
As a Tecnical Writer You Will
- Study the product and its features: interview developers, examine the source code, and test the product manually
- Share your feedback to improve the product’s architecture and design
- Review support tickets and communicate with support engineers to learn about the client needs
- Create and maintain documentation that targets developers and helps them learn efficiently: API reference descriptions, concept articles, tutorials
- Write code snippets and sample applications
- Write blog posts and create video lessons
- Manage the documentation’s life-cycle from drafts to published documents
- Excellent command of English
- Clear, consice, and accurate writing, excellent grammar and spelling, strong editing skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts (related to architecture, code, UX, etc.) and communicate them clearly to the developer audience
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills: a can-do and open-minded attitude, a determination to communicate efficiently, resolve problems, and deliver results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across time zones with distributed teams
- Passion for writing, coding, and technology
- Focus on quality. Strong attention to detail. Obsession with technical accuracy
How We Work
- We follow the “Documentation as Code” philosophy
- Work in VSCode
- Write documents in Markdown
- Store changes in Git
- Utilize automated processes (API generation and synchronization, user feedback processing, doc testing, validation, issue tracking)
- Use Agile Software Development practices
If you wonder whether technical writing is for you, take a look at these articles from “I’d Rather Be Writing”, Tom Johnson’s tech comms blog:
- Tell me about your career as a technical writer…
- Should you get a degree in a tech comm program? Two considerations to keep in mind
- Simplifying complexity
- Documenting APIs: A guide for technical writers and engineers
- Native library APIs
Review some of the documentation we write: https://docs.devexpress.com/.
- Official contract depends on the Labor Code of your country of residence. Our level-based salary rates ensure that your compensation adjusts to your growing skillset
- 40-hour work week. Flexible schedule and location (remote work)
- Invest in your health and wellness: 100% paid sick leaves, private health insurance, gym compensation, etc.
- A powerful laptop from the company
- Various forms of compensation for online classes and other means of self-education and work-related personal growth
- Company-sponsored team-building retreats. Our annual company-wide events are unforgettable
We Are Hiring
We are seeking motivated individuals who are willing to learn and ready to help others. If you are ready for a challenging position within a customer-focused organization, we want to hear from you.
Create and maintain our .NET, JS, and VCL products for desktop and the Web.
Help customers integrate our products into their .NET, JS, and VCL apps.